Monday 20 October 2014

Zombehhhh - swaggering out of my comfort zone


Continuing from where I left off on friday, which was only creating a zombie-like pose for my Hotel Transylvannia zombie, I started to create a walk cycle today. I looked up some reference videos since I wasn't able to film it myself in my tiny dorm room this evening, but I thought the general idea of the movements would suffice anyway (because of course nobody was using my pose. duh.)
I added the video as a plane to a newly created camera so my reference was quick at hand. I used the reference mainly for the timing and spacing of the main movements (i.e. the legs moving and the arms wobbling, flailing and waving around) after I was satisfied with the legs I moved on the the upper body, arms and head. 


After a lot of tweaking I ended up with a walk cycle I'm quite fond of actually. I'm happy with how the timing of the legs turned out, and the moving of the upper body. I still have some issues with arms and hands though. I feel like it's animated too less now, but I'm afraid if I want to animate them more, I'll overdo it. I have to find that golden midway that's just right.



No comments:

Post a Comment