Sunday 7 December 2014

Prop 2 Dresser

Just like when creating the bed for the setting, which requires a sort of dresser, I went looking for some inspiration and reference. I tried looking for some different styles of dressers, but felt like something simple fit the scene the best. 




I forgot to take screenshots while creating the prop since it went really fast, I only have pictures when I finished modelling it. The dresser mainly consists of square plates and a four poles. I didn't bother with creating actual drawers, since I won't be opening any of them. The purpose of the dresser is adding something more to the scene, and something to place the alarm clock on (since the alarm clock is a "vital" prop for the animation.

For texturing, I tried fiddling a bit with some of the wooden 2D textures, but it was mainly just grainy and circles cut in half for some reason. So I stuck with a basic creme colour for the wood in Lambert, and a simple grey anisotropic for the handles to mimic the metal.

The dresser was a whole lot easier to create than the bed since I didn't have to create anything "soft looking" like the pillows and the duvet.




Prop two, finito.





No comments:

Post a Comment