Friday 16 January 2015

Final Crit

Today we had to show our finished films (or as good as finished in case you were behind.)

For feedback I got a few good points to improve now and to think about next time to prevent them from happening.

In general the audio is on a quite low volume. I think this is mainly because of my low volume of voice when I recorded it (I didn't really want to look like a fool in front of my flatmates when I'm screaming to myself.) To tackle this the next time is to record with a proper device in a proper place (record studio). How to fix it right now is to try and up the volume as much as possible without getting creaking sounds in the audio. I tried this, it's not a lot more louder, but it's at least a bit more so that's great. I also put the volume for the sound effects up a bit since they were too subtle.

Further more, there was some critique about the second camera-angle, which I quite honestly didn't want to give in to because I don't want to render it again, but then I decided to stop being such a stubborn ass and just listen. It happened many times before that I didn't want to listen in the first place, but when I did it anyway it turned out to be better than before. (listen to your teachers Danique, they're right most of the time. All the time?)
So to look for what might look better is to playblast quickly a few camera angles to see what works better and then decide if I want to render it before handing it in next thursday or leave it like a playblast. But the perfectionist in me wants it rendered, so that's what I'll do.

Other than that I got quite a good response to my animation, that it was well done considering I am still in an early stage. This was one of the first times I properly animated after script/storyboard instead of just a random walkcycle, so I'm quite happy with that.

Next time: Danique, don't be such a tit and just listen to what's being said to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment