Tuesday 20 January 2015

Qwertee design #3



For all my designs I wanted to create something that I like, so my next choice is my all time favourite creature: Stitch from Lilo & Stitch. I decided to add a bit more to this design by adding a simplistic "background". This design is inspired by and based on the scene in Lilo's bedroom when Stitch's building San Francisco from memory when he was looking at the tv in the shopwindow earlier that day. He then demolishes the "city" based on what he was watching. I always thought the scene was extremely funny (I found a lot of thins funny when I was little) so I tried to make a design out of it.



This time I tried again to work a bit with the half tone technique. Because I was working on a canvas too big, and I couldn't "rasterise" the panels, I had to copy everything to a smaller canvas and try again. This time I kept it relatively simple with the halftone by adding it only to the "buildings", I'm not quite comfortable yet to make difficult and intriguing halftone designs. Because I used 6 colours, and according to QWERTEE's rules, you're only allowed to put the design on light T-shirts, so I went for white and grey to show what the options are.



No comments:

Post a Comment