Tuesday 25 November 2014

Contacting Studios and Showreel!


This week I made the first step into contacting some studios for an internship. For this I created my first showreel (as shown above). I created a draft version and showed this to Annabeth first for some feedback. With some lovely critique on how to improve the showreel I left some stuff out, put something extra in, and tried to shorten it a bit for it might've been a tad bit too long the first time round. 

I wanted to contact some studios already to ask for some information if they have places for interns or not and if they further require anything from their applicants. I wanted to contact them already because it's never a bad thing to try and get your name known in the animation world. My teachers in the Netherlands told me a lot of studios are likely to prefer you call them instead of sending e-mails, but calling overseas is a bit too expensive for me right now, so I try to stick to e-mails instead for the time being.

I hope I receive some replies soon, but for now it's just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment