Friday 7 November 2014

Interim Crit 7/11

So the interim critique was held today. I didn't really know what to put in the presentation beforehand, so it consisted of mostly content from my sketchbook. Watching other's presentations I realised I left some stuff out what could've been important, hehe.


Presentation:
I started out with showing all of my lyrics I found during the process, finally revealing the one I chose in the end. From there I showed how I broke down the lyrics for animation. What should be the tone of voice, the feelings and the actions during what is going to be said in that moment? I illustrated my ideas with thumbnail drawings of poses that I then could use in a storyboard.

I explained roughly the contents of my storyboard to then continue to my character design because I want to create my own model and rig to use in the final animation. I already started on modelling the character so I showed what I had so far: only her head. I ended the presentation with some keyposes from my own 'acting' from the week before. Just like now, I realised I finished my presentation rather quickly and I felt a lot was missing. Or maybe I tried to talk too fast. That's a specialty of mine. So to add to the presentation I also played my test recording of the lyrics I recorded this week to accompany the storyboard, to give a better image of what I want to create.

Feedback:
For feedback I got a few good things pointed out to keep focussing on the next weeks.
Record clean audio in the sound booth to work with. In the sound booth I can also add more expression to my recording. (don't want to get the flatmate worried when screaming in your room, right?)
Get to work with proper time management. Don't try and do too much that I can handle. Finish the model and rig first so I can start animating soon. Do flat out the UVmap though, so I can add the textures to the model later. Texture of the model is not that important yet in this stage.
Keep practicing with existing rigs like MooM, Mery and maybe others (like the one I'm using for 11secondclub)
Maybe also film proper reference videos that fits better with the recorded audio.


No comments:

Post a Comment