Wednesday 12 November 2014

Studio I like 2: Job, Joris & Marieke

Job, Joris & Marieke is a studio consisting of the trio of the same names. Animating mostly in 3D while some two-dimensional illustration on the side. They were brought to my attention a year ago when one of their short films (Mute) played on Playgrounds Festival, and won an award on that same occasion. Job Joris & Marieke is a studio with a very distinctive style, using simple shapes for their characters, relying on the simplicity and animation of it. Visual language works at its best without all the unnecessary details.



MUTE from Job, Joris & Marieke on Vimeo.



Showreel Job, Joris & Marieke (2014) from Job, Joris & Marieke on Vimeo.

The style is so cute, I feel like I could learn something from their simplicity in character design. I have the feeling I overdo it most of the time and neglect other aspects within the animation which are important as well, like backgrounds and rural design within the animation. (they really have an eye for detail in the environments: so many things to look at!)



No comments:

Post a Comment